Summer is my favorite season - t shirts, flip flops, sundresses and popsicles. I'm a fan of layering, but not having to bother with another article of clothing and how it does or does not go with your first article of clothing, it's plain liberating! This week it was in the high 80's and mid-90's in Portland, and the lack of an air conditioner in this house really pushed the warmth envelope - I still would take this over being freezing cold, no one in this family agrees with me though, it's been a grumbly bunch. Oh well, maybe it's time to break out the popsicles and enjoy the highlights of the week….
- I'm a big fan of self-taught artist Jaime Derringer, her colorful composition welcomes you above. Jamie's web site chronicles her countless sketches and drawing experiments which allows a window into her process, challenges and successes.
- Did I mention that we live a block away from our neighborhood outdoor pool, which opens up on the last day of school and closes the first day of school, and all that screaming, splashing and lines of people that go with it. It's kind of a tradition, though, that I happily equate with summer. That being said, I would much rather get my swim on at this mid-century pool house located inToronto.
- This show of skin necessitates some jewelry bling, I've been spending some time eyeing these beauties and these, oh and why not these!
- Spending more time outside these days in the backyard makes me aware of the hodge-podge of patio furniture that's going on back there, I'm thinking that tired display could use a little help from Plain Air out of Los Angeles. Contemporary outdoor furniture that has strong, classic mid-century forms and colors. Could that retro kidney shaped pool be far behind? (Yes, sadly very far)
- The best for last, perhaps - I leave you with this article showcasing 10 breezy beautiful beach houses, courtesy of Design * Sponge. If I had to pick a favorite, I'm thinking the Spanish Mediterranean-inspired beach house. An interior of turquoise blue and sunny yellow, yes, sign me up please! And come to find out you can rent this cottage on Airbnb! Who's up for a design field trip?!